A healthy spine: Your key to longevity
We all have heard that a healthy spine is the key to a healthy life but have you ever thought about what is the key to having a healthy spine!? Atmantan revels this secret. The spine can be defined as a bone that is made up of many chains of bones or vertebrates that extends from the skull to the lower back or to the tail in the back. Spine plays many critical functions in a human body like:
Here are some facts about spinal problems you would not know:
● Protects internal organs.
● Helps in conveying a message from the brain to different parts of the body and vice-versa
● Provides flexibility and helps us keep upright.
A damaged spine or a chronic spine condition can cause many different kinds of problem or for an affected person ranging from minor pain to lack of mobility and control over one’s body. Therefore, it becomes essential to take control of your spinal health and ensure that any disease or problem is caught earlier on.
* Unfortunately, approximately 80% of the population suffers from spinal pain at some point.
* Lower back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide.
Common signs and symptoms of spinal problems:
If you are currently facing two or more then two symptoms then it is utmost that you start taking action. Remember most of the spinal problems can be treated given they are detected earlier.
- ● Numbness or tingling in a hand, arm, foot or leg
- ● Weakness in a hand, arm, foot or leg
- ● Problems with walking and balance
- ● Pain in your glutes or leg that worsens when you sit
- ● Burning or tingling down your leg
- ● Weakness or difficulty moving your leg or foot
- ● Constant pain on one side of your glutes
LIVING WITH SPINE CONDITIONS:Because so many people suffer from spinal problems, it’s important for you to try to keep your spine as healthy as possible for life. Major Problems that you might suffer if you have a weak spine
Atmantan Reveals the Secret to a Healthy Spine:Atmantan believes that to achieve one’s true potential one’s mind, soul and body need to be in synergy and it all starts from being able to move freely. Freedom of movement is directly related with the spinal health of an individual and keeping that in mind Atmantan has pledged to restore the weakened spines of individual using evidence-based and scientifically backed conventional and modern methods through its spinal health programmes. Some of the treatments that are directly aimed at restoring the spinal health of individual at Atmantan Wellness Centre are as follows:
- Benchmarking how they stand and move:
Empowering those suffering from musculoskeletal pain can begin with retraining them to Stand Taller and Move Stronger by understanding and measuring their current spinal strength and building upon that.
- Functional Assessment and Evaluation:
Our expert Physiotherapists look beyond your diagnosis to understand your individual level of pain and ability to live your life. The program begins with an assessment and functional evaluation. Afterward, the Physiotherapist develops an individualized plan to help you reach your goals. The program includes body mechanics, fitness and exercises focusing on Core strengthening, Core stabilization, Ergonomics and Workstation correction and education designed to empower you and make the changes necessary to feel better. The other supportive therapies like Massage Therapy, Acupuncture, Spa Therapies, Diet and Nutrition, and Yoga add value to the program in helping to Relax, Rejuvenate and Heal faster.
- Prescribed Physiotherapy Treatments:
After a detailed evaluation, our physiotherapists will provide you with many different treatments which include:
● PNF (proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation) – It allows you to move freely and comfortably in your daily life, and can also help prevent injury during exercise. Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation (PNF) stretching relies on reflexes to produce deeper stretches that increase flexibility.
● Myofascial Release – Myofascial Release is a safe and very effective hands-on technique done by an expert physiotherapist that involves applying gentle sustained pressure into the Myofascial connective tissue restrictions to eliminate pain and restore motion.
● Core strengthening – Core-strength exercises strengthen your core muscles, including your abdominal muscles, back muscles and the muscles around the pelvis. Strong core muscles make it easier to do many physical activities and also to return into pre-injury status.
● Mobilization and Manipulation – This therapy helps to restore full movement to restricted joints, as well as normal elasticity to muscles and other soft tissues. Restoring mechanical and soft tissue balance benefits the structures of the entire body and its physiological mechanisms.
Beneficial For:The spinal program treats patients who are experiencing:
It’s easy to make a booking:The spinal program requires no physician referral. To make a booking contact the reservation team and if needed, talk to the doctor for queries.