The Atmantan cuisine philosophy follows the truth of the quote, ‘’let food be thy medicine, and medicine be thy food’’ proclaimed by Hippocrates, the Father Of Medicine. Our spa cuisine is prescriptive in its approach wherein it assists the body in restoring strength, balance and enhancing longevity. The cuisine at Atmantan only uses evidence based food known for its medicinal benefits and the dishes served are dynamic, appealing and bursting with energy to delight your senses, while nourishing your cells.
Atmantan’s gastronomical experience has its roots in age old traditions, which maintain and restore health, vitality and wellbeing. We recognize the healing power of earth’s medicine in the form of plant based ingredients including the healing properties of aromatic herbs and spices and hence only use farm fresh plant and meat produce.
We believe wholesome, organic, seasonal, local and nutritionally dense ingredients are the basic building blocks of healthy cuisine. We carefully prepare these ingredients into delicious healthy dishes to delight our guests. And our own organic farms supply to Atmantan’s kitchens too.
– Wholefoods, those are unprocessed, unrefined and full of essential micronutrients, dietary fibre and naturally occurring protective substances, such as phytochemicals which are essential for your health.
– Fresh, locally harvested and seasonal foods, that have their flavours intact, which are release just as we eat them. These are picked as they ripen, and contain the maximum sun energy inside their skins.
– Organic foods that are nutrient dense and pack a far greater anti-oxidant punch than their conventional chemically treated brothers.
– We believe that food is one of life’s sustainable pleasures, hence we create dishes that sustain the body whilst delighting the taste buds. We only add natural additives and flavours, such as herbs and spices to enhance all our dishes. E.g. Himalayan/Pink and rock salts are used to add minerals as well as flavour.
– We use healthy cooking techniques such as braising, steaming, poaching and grilling, while keeping cooking temperatures low so that we retain as much of the natural flavour and nutrients as possible, whilst ensuring the food is also easy to digest.
– We bring in tastes through natural ingredients only, like when a sweet taste is required, we use only natural sweeteners like fruit juice, honey, jaggery or coconut flower syrup. These besides adding the required taste provide so much more in terms of minerals and anti-oxidants, than the empty calories from white sugar.
– We use healthy oils and good fats and whilst these are minimally used in our cooking, we make sure we use only the best.
We practice food synergies – each ingredient on the plate supports the other, while providing the best possible food combinations for the body.
All our dishes are colourful, while also benefitting guests with many different and valuable flavonoids (phytonutrients), which provide amazing anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
We promote a healthy attitude towards eating and serve measured portions which create a more mindful eating practice.
– Share Recipes
– Encourage our guests to attend the cooking workshops held here
With a fusion of international foods from macrobiotic, to Ayurveda to Mediterranean, to Asian, our epicurean journey will help you re-define wellness and good healthy lifestyle choices. The food tasting and preparation will enrich your life, nourish your body, harmonize your mind and soothe your soul. Our chef team will take you on a memorable and curative gourmet experience of fine dining with super foods that nourish and educate you to the benefits of spa cuisine, giving you an opportunity to reevaluate your previous eating patterns.
Come get a taste of true therapeutic gastronomy at Atmantan, nestled in the pristine emerald misty valley that overlooks the cerulean waters of Mulshi Lake. Breathe anew, as you live and eat in our magical crystal healing valley, and rejuvenate in this land of Prana.
Be prepared to be transformed.
Concept that wellness cuisine can be nutritious and mouth-watering, is what spa cuisine is all about; nobody does this better than Atmantan!
Dishes that are tastefully plated and nourishing, can be relished here as part of the wellness experience of a guest. The eating habits encourage mindfulness such that the guest incorporates the same into his/her daily schedule when he/she leaves from here.
The cuisine is simply inspiring and the food here takes in all the nutrients and vitality that nature has to offer. Following the farm-to-table concept, seasonal produce is brought to kitchens where it is transformed into meals that create lasting impressions. The main idea is that food should therapeutically heal the body whilst being consumed in tandem with wellness. The Spa Cuisine here helps keep the body, mind and soul healthy, rejuvenated and positive at all times. Atmantan’s Cuisine philosophy…
Focuses on incorporating organic and local (Locovarian) Whole, Unrefined, & Unprocessed food produce into the meals.
With a strict abstinence from the 3 white devils – Refined Flour, Refined Dairy, & Refined Sugar,
The kitchen here uses preservative Cooking methods such as Steaming, braising, boiling, baking, grilling & sous vide, such that guests are served sumptuous and nutritious dishes tabled under the 3 specialised menus of International Spa Cuisine, Detox & Ayurveda.
In fact all the menu dishes display the calories, proteins, carbohydrates, fats & fibre contents of the food and the Choices of dishes include – Gluten free, dairy free, sugar free, vegan!
Guests here learn to make healthy eating choices as they taste and relish food in moderation and not deprivation.